Man killed in Las Vegas crash involving suspected impaired driver

1 hour ago 2 min read 2
Sincity Press Brief

A two-vehicle crash in Las Vegas on Saturday killed a 49-year-old man. A 21-year-old woman who faces DUI-related charges also suffered life-threatening injuries, police said.

Las Vegas constabulary said a 49-year-old antheral was killed successful a clang Saturday that progressive a suspected impaired operator who was speeding and who besides suffered life-threatening injuries.

The clang happened conscionable aft 5:30 a.m. astatine East Washington Avenue and North Bruce Street, according to a Metropolitan Police Department quality release.

Police said Maria Gonzalez-Medina, 21, of Las Vegas, was driving a 2015 Ford Mustang convertible astatine an “excessive speed” and that she “failed to alteration velocity and usage owed care” portion approaching a yellowish light. She entered the intersection arsenic the airy turned red, crashing the beforehand of her car into the close broadside of a 1993 Nissan truck, which had been turning near astatine the yellowish light, constabulary said.

The operator of the Nissan, a 49-year-old Las Vegas man, was pronounced dormant astatine the scene. His sanction hadn’t yet been released Saturday.

Metro said Gonzalez-Medina showed signs of impairment and was aboriginal arrested and booked successful absentia connected charges related to DUI and reckless driving.

A pistillate who was a rider successful the Mustang driven by Gonzalez-Medina suffered captious injuries, constabulary said. Her property and sanction were not released.

Both Gonzalez-Medina and the rider were transported to University Medical Center.

The Nissan driver’s decease was the 48th traffic-related fatality successful Metro’s jurisdiction this year, constabulary said.

Contact Trevor Squire astatine tsquire@reviewjournal.com Follow him astatine @trevordsquire connected X.

Read Entire Article